«

»

Jan 06

ohasd permissions

I was working kind of late last night, trying to get a new install working. I ran into a bug where the permissions on the ohasd were incorrect after patching GI. I went out to a working server to see what the permissions should be, build my chown and chmod statements and pasted them into my terminal window. Unfortunately I got them in the wrong terminal, and had managed to copy the wrong permissions. I changed the ownership on ohasd on the first node of my production RAC Cluster. Apparently the permissions are really important because the whole node went down.

A little bit of panic set in and I wasn’t sure what I had done. I didn’t realize i had pasted the permission statements into the wrong window, and the error messages weren’t very helpful.

I was getting nothing in the logs.

I figured it must be a permission issue, but I wasn’t quite sure what to reset them to.

Apparently I am not the first person to do this since Oracle has a document for fixing this!

How to check and fix file permissions on Grid Infrastructure environment (Doc ID 1931142.1)

I ran


rebooted the node, and all was right with the world, except for my ego being kind of damaged from making such a silly mistake.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">