«

»

Mar 19

Patching 19.3 to 19.6

I’m not going to go through the entire patching process, there are lots of other sites that can walk you through this. What I am going to talk about is some issues that I had after patching. The patch to the binaries went fine, however when I tried to run Datapatch against my database, I got the following error

I have see this error before when the parameter remote_listener is not set on a database, but this is a single instance database.

I opened an SR with oracle support. After some trouble shooting, they recommended I remove the trailing slash from my ORACLE_HOME variable and restart the database.

So change
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/19c/dbhome_1/
to
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/19c/dbhome_1

after restarting the database, I got a new error

So some progress. Something was causing a core dump and the connection was terminated.

Looking at the script it was failing on, prvtgwm.sql, that script is all related to the schema gsmadmin_internal

Looking at the patching log, I see the following

So looking back at the database, there are several package inside the GSMADMIN_INTERNAL schema that are invalid

I tried running utlrp several times, however I was able to compile most of the objects manually issuing compile commands.

I was then able to run Datapatch successfully

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">