«

»

Nov 30

13C OMS and TLSv1.2

A while ago I deployed OEM 13c to manage and monitor our databases. We have a lot of different systems on different architectures and operating systems. For the most part the move from OEM12c to OEM 13c was pretty smooth. As part of this process we were instructed to lock everything down to TLSv1.2, which is a huge pain inside of OEM. All the internal connections from the different components and nothing was listed in the documentation together. It took a lot of trial and error, but once it was setup, the deployment of the agents went just fine.

At least until I got to our AIX hosts. This is one of the longest open tickets I have ever had with oracle. Bug:23708579. After 9 months Oracle finally got me a patch that resolved the problem this week.

 

From the log files

There was a lot of confusion over this issue and originally they told me it was a bug in AIX that we would need to get IBM to fix. It turns out the patch that was needed was an agent patch

After applying patch: 25237184 the agent can now be locked to TLSv1.2 by adding the following to emd.properties

and then by re-securing the agent with the “-protocol tlsv1.2” flag

After this the agent was able to start up and start communicating with the OMS.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">